Baina Care & Composition
BAINA is an Antipodean brand of curated towelling founded by Bailey Meridith and Anna Fahey. Their contemporary, organic cotton towels celebrate the daily bathing ritual, softening into the moments that begin and end of the day.
Baina’s modern approach to design is anchored in print and colour with a considered sensibility that nods to fine art, sculpture, architecture and colour theory. While harnessing simplicity, Baina experiments with texture to create shape, elevating an everyday object to upend the neutrality of the bathroom. Committed to creating timeless collections, Baina takes a mindful approach to craftsmanship and materiality. Made in Portugal, Baina works with GOTS certified organic cotton and produces with one of Europe's most established mills to develop their considered offering. Baina creates a ceremony of everyday self-care.
BAINA towels are designed with intent, to equally favour design and functionality. Committed to producing small quantities to meet the market demand without overproducing, the designs are season-less, and made with longevity in mind.
The towels are made from double-looped terry cloth in weights of 500gsm or 600gsm which allows for a more dense, upright loop that is not only soft to the touch but also absorbs effectively and dries quickly after use.
BAINA towels are manufactured in Portugal, a country renowned for its high-quality textiles and home to some of the most skilled and established towelling mills in the world.
BAINA’s mill partners are committed to reducing their ecological footprint and lowering emissions.
- SMETA - certifying best practises in labour, health and safety, ethics and environmental impact
- GOTS certification
- Global Recycle Standard
- Oeko-Tex Certification
- Organic Content Standard Certification
- BCI Better Cotton Initiative accreditation
Made from 100% Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified cotton.
Organic cotton is soft, durable, natural and biodegradable. A fibre that becomes stronger when wet, which makes it ideal for towelling. The Global Organic Textile Standard regulates the entire supply chain of organic cotton, from harvest to production, while also guaranteeing socially responsible manufacturing.
Unlike conventional cotton which is linked to soil degradation and pollution, organic cotton is produced without chemical fertilisers, pesticides, synthetic dyes and genetic modification. Organic cotton is less likely to irritate those with sensitive skin.
Our care instructions have been created to ensure your Organic Towels will last while providing you with maximum absorbency and softness. We suggest selecting economical wash cycles, choosing natural detergents, and avoiding any chemical additives.
Before using any Baina products, we advise washing your towels through one cycle.
- Wash towels separately through a cold or low temperature cycle (40 degrees).
- Use natural detergent to protect the integrity of the towel and avoid using softeners or oxidising/chlorine based bleaching agents, as they will create a barrier over time that affects a towel’s absorption abilities.
- Line dry in shade. For optimal softness, we recommend a tumble dry on low heat. Do not dry clean.
- If a loop gets caught and snags, avoid pulling the thread as this may cause further damage. We recommend cutting the thread at the base of the towel.
- We advise caution when using any cosmetics or skin care as some products contain chemicals that may cause discolouration.